The future of mobility is quickly evolving. Are you a transport professional interested in understanding how to best deal with the fast-changing transport landscape while ensuring the shift towards zero-carbon mobility? Then this is the course for you!
About the course
This course will be about how to manage the introduction of transport innovations from a public authority perspective.
- What mechanisms exist to test innovation?
- How can we evaluate the benefits of something that hasn’t been implemented yet?
- What can public authorities do to support private companies in developing their innovations?
This focuses very much on issues of governance and policy and understanding the role of the local authority in leading development in the right direction.
The course offers a mix of lectures, workshops, site visits and the chance to exchange with peers. We focus on practical application of theory to support the following:
- Understanding of trends and technological innovations in the transport sector
- Understanding of the importance of transport for climate action
- Understanding the basics of long-term planning and decision making within complexity and how this can be applied to own challenges
- Learning about different methods that can help to steer transport innovations to follow societal goals
- Learning about different tools & methods to understand impacts of future technologies
Participants are expected to be people who are involved in implementation of transport systems and in the strategic thinking around future transport systems. The course is for an international audience and will be held in English.
When and Where?
- 6 – 7 of October 2020 in Lund, Sweden
600 EUR (500 EUR for EIT Climate-KIC partners and alumni, public institutions and NGOs)